I can feel the beginning of the school year nipping at my heels. Last night my friend, Edris, brought me two xylophones and a metallophone that she can't use anymore, as well as a set of resonator bells. Today I ordered some replacement parts for the instruments so they will be almost new when I start using them with students next month.
Ley (my principal) called me last night to say that he found money to pay me for the whole year (!), and that I will start on Sept. 22 (so now I have a time frame with enough time to set up my room).
I also ordered a new set of strings for my violin.
Today I played my viola for Michael Lamkin (orchestra conductor), and I will now be an official member of the viola section. Orchestra starts on Sept. 8. I am also excited because practice time has shifted 1/2 hour earlier, so we will finish rehearsals at 9:30 instead of 10:00.
Now I just need to know more details about the string program, but that will have to wait a bit.
Oh, yes. I sold the piano last night and have a check in hand today! Now we can move forward with rearranging the living room!
No comments:
Post a Comment