On Sunday our book club will discuss People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. I finished it today, a few days early since it has been recalled by the library. Parts of the book I skimmed, since I needed to finish it, so some of the plot is a little fuzzy for me. My impressions - I enjoyed various segments of the book, and I really like the idea of finding out the mysteries of the haggadah through forensic research. However, I felt as though the book as a whole needed some one unifying factor which was either absent, or I didn't find it. The two story lines could have been more linked, in my opinion. Again, we'll see what others in the book club have to say, and maybe I'll change my opinion, or maybe understand the book better.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Book Club Book
On Sunday our book club will discuss People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. I finished it today, a few days early since it has been recalled by the library. Parts of the book I skimmed, since I needed to finish it, so some of the plot is a little fuzzy for me. My impressions - I enjoyed various segments of the book, and I really like the idea of finding out the mysteries of the haggadah through forensic research. However, I felt as though the book as a whole needed some one unifying factor which was either absent, or I didn't find it. The two story lines could have been more linked, in my opinion. Again, we'll see what others in the book club have to say, and maybe I'll change my opinion, or maybe understand the book better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment