Monday, July 13, 2009

Cousins and More

Here are 9 Sawatzky cousins in Colorado. L to R - Marla, Phil, Matt, Rachel, Ruth, Charlotte, Erika, Lisa, and Laurie. After spending the morning with cousins and their children, we played some intergenerational games after lunch. Some of these cousins I have not seen in many years, and it would be great if we didn't have to wait so long between reunions. However, we were also thinking about Pat, Janine, Jon, Julie, David and Joe (and all their families, too!).

Later on, Hal and the girls and I drove to Fort Collins to show the girls their grandparents' house, and then meet Liesl's boyfriend, Chris, who is driving from Texas to Oregon via Colorado. Liesl and Chris have a great itinerary lined up for their trip to Eugene, including Arches National Park, Great Salt Lake, the Dalles and scenic byways.

Today we had breakfast in Fort Collins, and then lunch in Claremont. I am still amazed by plane travel!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a wonderful celebration for your parents and what a treat to get to see so many family members at one time. Yes, it does make us wish that it could happen more often. So, we have to savor and revisit in our minds and with our pictures the unique memories of significant events.

Joe and Anna said...

Thanks for the picture. Everyone looks great. This is the first I have seen of the event. Our thoughts were also with you. Joe