Saturday, August 8, 2009

Special Edition: On the Road, Day 7

Today is our last day with Liesl in Eugene. We enjoyed the Saturday Market (a most amazing Farmer's and Artisan's market), Sweet Life (a patisserie), and several games of Settlers of Catan. This photo shows the great dinner prepared by Liesl and Chris's housemates, Joe and Kat. Liesl made the collard greens she bought at the Market this morning.

Claire took the bus up to Portland to spend a few days with Lucie before she flies home, and Hal and I take off for points south tomorrow. We're headed for Redwood National Park tomorrow where we plan to camp for a night.

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Now that I've figured out how to comment, I'll try this again.

Seeing the plate of food makes me want to tell you about the movie,
Julie and Julia. A cute, feel-good movie for lovers of Julia Child.
Just got home from seeing it with a packed theater of women (and very few men).

Mom

Charlotte said...

Hi Mom,
I heard other good reviews of that movie, and the trailers looked good, so I'll be sure to see it at some point.