Here is a picture of my childhood version of The Night Before Christmas. It was published in 1960 and illustrated by Catherine Barnes, published by Golden Books. My own copy probably disappeared in our family's move from Chicago to Kansas when I was 9. A number of years ago, I decided to start searching for some of my favorite books. I wanted this one, but had no idea how to search for it, not knowing the illustrator. Do you know how many versions there are of this famous poem? After looking all over the internet, I finally found the information, only to discover that copies of this book sell for $70-150. Well, I managed to find a copy on eBay about 4-5 years ago with a "buy it now" price of $35, and you can be sure I "bought it now."
Monday, December 14, 2009
Night Before Christmas
Here is a picture of my childhood version of The Night Before Christmas. It was published in 1960 and illustrated by Catherine Barnes, published by Golden Books. My own copy probably disappeared in our family's move from Chicago to Kansas when I was 9. A number of years ago, I decided to start searching for some of my favorite books. I wanted this one, but had no idea how to search for it, not knowing the illustrator. Do you know how many versions there are of this famous poem? After looking all over the internet, I finally found the information, only to discover that copies of this book sell for $70-150. Well, I managed to find a copy on eBay about 4-5 years ago with a "buy it now" price of $35, and you can be sure I "bought it now."
Labels:
book
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment