Oh, the awfulness! Oh, how dare they? So many of my Facebook friends are complaining loud and clear, "Don't make me get Timeline!" Well, I am here to tell you that I went over to the dark side a little while ago, and I am still alive, and I still spend too much time social networking. I'm just not sure exactly what all the fuss is about.
Frankly, I think the visual appeal of Timeline is better than the old wall. Yes, the two columns are a little confusing - items can change sides. I think I can handle it.
Since all I hear are moans about changing, I wondered what all the reasoning is behind this heel-dragging. Of course, I Googled "why people hate timeline" and came up with a few items.
You can *gasp* see past posts more easily. Don't want people to see those embarrassing photos and posts? Don't put them up in the first place, or take them down. Yes, I know that once on the internet, always on the internet, but I guess I don't believe that people are really going to try to dig up all kinds of dirt on me. I feel as though I am a pinprick in a galaxy.
Old Wall
Timeline - visually more appealing
I read some complaints about how it is arranged by decade, and how it has a "born" entry. I am sure that you have a reason to dislike this change foisted upon you, but really, is it worth all that effort to be so vehement? It's another change that one day you will undoubtedly long for when those sneaky folks at Facebook make another drastic "improvement". Remember, you probably complained about the wall you have now when it first came out.
I'm guessing that people are just resistant to change in general. I, for one, enjoy new things (mostly!).
In the end you probably won't be able to fight it, and once you're in, why not make the most of it? You can Google "great timeline covers" and get some inspiration to be creative with your cover photo and profile pic.


No comments:
Post a Comment