I am keeping up very well with my New Year's Resolution to not take any more food photos, but maybe I should have also resolved to get back to my book reading since I have managed to finish four books in January.
Maybe it's a little cheating that this recent book is not only less than 200 pages, it is also an easy and fun read. I don't think I've read anything else by Stewart O'Nan, but perhaps he will appear on my radar now.
This charming book about a middle-aged couple whose marriage and financial health is crumbling, take a last-ditch trip to Niagara Falls with what money they have left to see if they can win big at the roulette tables and perhaps save their marriage. I particularly enjoy the chapter headings, each of which tells the odds of something, say, the odds of landing on black at the roulette table or the odds of a marriage proposal on Valentine's Day, which hints at what might happen in the chapter.

No comments:
Post a Comment