Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tree Work

Our neighbor next door had a huge live oak tree removed yesterday. Although I love those big, old trees, this one would drop all kinds of mess on our driveway and sometimes drip sap on our car, so I wasn't totally sad to see it go.

Coincidentally, I had just had our tree man give me a bid on some trees in our yard. For removing a dead walnut tree (behind the garage), trimming and thinning out our Chinese elm, he bid over $1800. My neighbor (actually, the landlord and manager of the apartments) said I should get his guy to give me a bid, too. Not only was the bid less than half ($625), but he also thinned out and cleaned up our orange tree. The crew started yesterday and finished up just now, and it feels as though we've had a major haircut - all fresh and ready to go!

Chinese elm before and after

No comments: