Hal was off at an umpiring clinic all day, the weather is threatening, so it's been a great day to cozy up inside. Hal's computer was hooked up to the tv, so I took advantage of it to stream a movie from Netflix that I don't think Hal wanted to watch. Helvetica is a documentary about the font of that name. Sound like a bore? Not really. As with many subjects, if examined, it can be interesting. Although this movie could have been edited a little more, I still very much enjoyed learning about design principles and how this font has become so ubiquitous, and what it says about our global visual culture.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The Ubiquitous Font
Hal was off at an umpiring clinic all day, the weather is threatening, so it's been a great day to cozy up inside. Hal's computer was hooked up to the tv, so I took advantage of it to stream a movie from Netflix that I don't think Hal wanted to watch. Helvetica is a documentary about the font of that name. Sound like a bore? Not really. As with many subjects, if examined, it can be interesting. Although this movie could have been edited a little more, I still very much enjoyed learning about design principles and how this font has become so ubiquitous, and what it says about our global visual culture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment