Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Agony and the Ecstasy

After our trip to Italy, I put this movie in my Netflix queue. It certainly exudes the grand old Hollywood style with Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison, but I particularly enjoyed learning the story behind the painting of the Sistine Chapel. I also loved seeing the shots of Rome and Florence, and interior shots of the chapel (and if it wasn't really the chapel, it was a great recreation of it).

I think if I had seen this movie before going to Italy, I would not have enjoyed it as much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I returned from my first trip to Europe/Italy and THEN read "The Agony and the Ecstasy" I realized I should have read it before I went. I was only 28 when I went so I didn't appreciate that some of the artwork was "more then marble".

John from Fontana (in the 1960's)