Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day: The Sacred and the Profane

Last year on Mother's Day, we were in Chicago, and Claire was with us in the middle of her journey back to Claremont from Goucher (along with her friend, Kelsey). It was a most memorable day of church, chocolate fondue and experimental theater.

This year also contains the sacred and profane (so far!). This morning was church with a lovely service. This afternoon was the movies and ice cream. Hal and Claire took me to see Star Trek, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'll leave it to my readers to decide which was sacred!

Claire brought me home these lovely sunflowers and something she made herself - a venti vanilla chai latte - iced. Liesl sent me something she made herself - one of her special hand-drawn cards. I love being a mom to these girls!

This evening we will attend the MicroFest at Pomona College featuring music by Bill Alves and Lou Harrison. A full and memorable day, indeed.

No comments: