The First Friday Women's Group at church met this morning (on the second Friday) to eat goodies, drink coffee, sit by the fire (!), and talk about flowers / nature. Made me think I haven't updated in this blog about my garden for a while.
Last fall we had about 8 persimmons on our tree. This year we have lots and lots of potential persimmons, but the tree seems to be self-thinning and I'm seeing little green balls on the ground. Still many left on the tree, though.
Hardly any peaches, no plums this year. We think maybe it's from a big pruning this winter. Maybe it's because we have had hardly any sun this month (and hence the fire in the fireplace this morning...)
I think that snap peas are done for now - they are more a winter veggie. The bell pepper plant that I thought was too far gone has one little pepper starting to grow. The string beans aren't growing taller, but I have little beans growing. The tomato plants are turning into bushes, but no tomatoes have set yet (I see some flowers, though). We need sun!
Next summer I will concentrate on several plants and lots of them. Also, if you want cilantro, you should plant lots and lots and lots, otherwise you eat it all up in one go-round.
No comments:
Post a Comment