Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

This morning I spent a leisurely few hours reading full articles in the Sunday NY Times. I read about the Tuscan Shore (I want to go!), how some doctors are trying to reform health care by spending more time with patients in prevention, spending habits at discount stores during the recession, a compare/contrast article on Sonia Sotomayor and Clarence Thomas, speculation on the recent plane crash, arranged marriages (I told Hal that I arranged our marriage...), and people who give up on their blogs.

Realizing that tomorrow is my birthday, Hal speculated on what he might get me. I really don't want more stuff, and I can't imagine what I need/want right now. Then I hit upon an idea. I asked him to give me his time today to rearrange my study. I knew it would take his help, what with the spaghetti of cords behind my desk and heavy items to shove around. Not only did he do that, but then he took down the old metal valence above the window, spackled the holes, sanded and painted the trim and hung a different curtain rod (left over from our bedroom when we changed window treatments last summer). Thanks, Hal!

I spent several more hours clearing out the old, rearranging, dusting, and now I feel fresh and new!

No comments: