Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Multicultural Day

Today is "The best day of the school year" at Vista - Multicultural Day. For the past several weeks, each classroom has been studying a culture and decorating their room with what they have learned. Today each student took their passport and went to two countries and an assembly. In each country they do a craft, eat some food, maybe hear some music and learn about that culture. At the end of the morning each student returns to class to pick up the flag of their culture and the whole school parades through the halls to end up in front of the outdoor stage where we all sing the three songs we've been practicing in class. This year the songs were De Colores, This Pretty Planet (by Tom Chapin) and We All Live Together (Greg and Steve).

I forgot to bring my camera, but I have this picture from when Claire's class learned about Africa in 1st grade. The elephant is supposed to be life-sized.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I LOVE Vista. This is such a special experience for the students.