Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gold Level

So. I rather like Starbucks coffee. It's been easy to support the chain since our daughter has worked there for 2 years. So, when we found out that you get some benefits from registering your card with them (free syrups and soy, free drink on your birthday), I registered a card in 2008. Since each purchase counts as one transaction, Hal got his own card so we'd each get credit for our own drinks.

Well. Starbucks came out with this "Gold Card" and to get it, you only need to buy 30 drinks on your registered card. Then you can get a free drink after every 15 purchases. I started complaining a bit about how if you get a card at some local coffee shop, you get a free drink after every 10 purchases, and that the gold card doesn't even come with a free drink.

My card actually came a few weeks ago (Hal's came yesterday) and it comes with your name and "cardmember since" date printed on it. It looks nice. But I have to stop complaining since it does actually come with a free drink coupon underneath the card.

No comments: