Saturday, February 23, 2013

Food Truck Fridays

Claremont Craft Ales introduces Food Truck Fridays, thus making this a go-to place to celebrate the end of the work week. CCA opened last summer and is steadily gaining in popularity. Last night,  Asian Cravings Food Truck parked outside where we found a short line, but nothing like the line inside for beer. We had pork and beef Asian tacos and Ninja fries, and although the tacos were pretty good, the fries were just okay, and the 30-minute wait was a little much.

Never mind, next week there will be a different truck outside. I asked at the bar if they knew about Kogi, and they said, yes, they were working on getting that truck there some Friday. Hooray!

However, not only did we get to chat with friends and marvel at the huge crowd of people, I got to try the new Coffee Mawes beer which uses coffee beans from the local Klatch coffee, and it was very, very good. Recommended! 

I also heard that CCA has leased the space next door and plans to expand. I don't think this little hobby is going to stay a hobby much longer. It's poised to be a full-time operation in the near future.

Coffee Mawes


Busting at the seams - lots of people!


No comments: