Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Further Adventures in Medicine

At this very moment, I am feeling better, but during the night last night I was having a pain in my chest - right in the middle. I slept a little, and this morning felt shaky and woozy. Decided to return to the ER.

Note to self - going to the ER on a Wednesday morning is way better than a Monday night. Lot less people. Also, if you say "chest pain" they take immediate care of you. I have to say that the staff at the ER are all very kind.

Same diagnosis as Monday night. EKG, x-rays, blood work all look excellent. I almost wanted to ask them if I could just stay in that little bed for the rest of the day, but decided that Hal could bring me home. Now I'm in my bigger bed with wi-fi, tv, phone and bathroom close at hand.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow (it's Dr. Thumati, my dad's dr.), and I hope that I either feel better, or that he can tell me what is going on.


3 comments:

Erika said...

Hope you're feeling better. Did they give you anything for heartburn in case that might play into the chest pain?

Charlotte said...

No heartburn medicine, but they did prescribe aspirin! I found out that when you say "chest pain" you don't have to go to each department. They come to you, just as you told me last night. I am ready to see the cardiologist tomorrow to get to the bottom of this!

Rosemary said...

So glad you're going to Dr. Thumati. He's great! No doubt he'll figure all of this out.