Nowadays, things are different. At 12:30 a.m. today I woke up to some beeping. Disoriented, I wondered what it was until Hal told me that it was the power surge protector we have the computer plugged into. It goes off to warn us to turn off the computer. So, I stumbled into my study in the next room and turned off my computer and then tried to figure out how to turn off the power surge protector which was still beeping. By the time I figured it out (with the flashlight I did manage to find), the power came back on. That meant that not only did things start humming again, but the overhead bedroom light came on, blinding us. Huh?
At least the clock has an internal battery and maintained its time. But, it's Saturday, and it doesn't matter what time I wake up.
1 comment:
That was truly the blackest black. I crept through to where I knew there was a flashlight. When you can't see your hand in front of your face, you know it's dark! I could see lights over on Indian Hill and one up the street, but otherwise it was DARK! Glad it didn't last long.
Post a Comment