Monday, January 3, 2011

King's Speech

It's been awhile since I've been carded, but when I went to the Laemmle yesterday, the young man selling me a ticket asked if I was getting a senior citizen discount. Humpf. Maybe I should have taken it and saved a buck or two.

Nevertheless, I was happy to pay to see The King's Speech which has gotten rave reviews and Oscar buzz. This review is for Mom and Dad whose Christmas cash went to my Laemmle card.

I enjoy learning history through movies, and this one has great acting, good dialogue with some pretty funny lines, with just some solid filmmaking. The characters are believable and human.

Now we've seen three potential Oscar winners before they are announced (this one, True Grit and The Social Network), and I'm glad I don't have to make the choices.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

"The King's Speech" was absolutely one of the best movies I have ever seen. The acting was superb & the script was well done. I do hope that it garners some wins. It richly deserves to do so.

Eleanor said...

Looks as if we'll have to watch The Kings Speech. (AARP considers you a senior once you reach 50. Might try it.)

Charlotte said...

The Laemmle considers 65 to be senior.

Eleanor said...

Boy, how did they take you for 65?
Must be a 13-year-old ticket person!

Maria said...

I LOVED that movie! One of the best I've seen in a long time! :)I have always liked Colin Firth, but now he is a definite favorite!