I saw John Kralik, promoting his book 365 Thank Yous on the Today Show a month or so ago, and I put his book on order at the library. It arrived a week ago, and I read it over the course of a few hours this weekend.While this book chronicles how his life changed when he became grateful for what he DID have, rather than focus on what he didn't have, I think this book has broader implications for many people.
Oprah made the gratitude journal famous by having people write down 5 things they are grateful for every day. I think it's one thing to acknowledge the good in your life, and yet I think it gets better if you actually tell people why you are grateful for them. Especially if you take the time to hand write a note and mail it.
Being born a glass half-full person, I've rarely had trouble being thankful for what I have. But what would it be like if I took the time to let people know, in writing, how I feel about them and what they do to make the world a better place? What would happen if more people did that? For example, what would happen if the people in our communities (church, work, neighborhoods, and (gasp) politicians) wrote a thank you note once a week (less than Kralik's once a day self-challenge)?
Wouldn't you like to get real mail in your mailbox?
1 comment:
This is a great idea. I recently wrote my cousin to tell her I used her as an example of a trusted friend.
She wrote me a nice note in response.
Post a Comment