Last Friday, Lois Lowry, Newbery award-winning author, visited Vista! I have particularly enjoyed her dystopian novels that began with The Giver, as well as her All About Sam books. She spoke to our 3rd and 4th graders since our 6th graders were at Outdoor Science School and the 5th graders were on a day field trip. One classroom from Sycamore Elementary even walked down to join us for the entertaining and informative assembly.
After the assembly, Lowry went to the Vista library with some students to view the blog in which students had discussed some of her books.
It would appear that just because rarely read children's books anymore doesn't mean that Lowry has stopped writing, and there are a few of her recent books that look interesting to me...

3 comments:
I wish I had known!! Oh, well, I probably wouldn't have been able to go on campus. :(
She was at Mrs. Nelson's on Friday afternoon. Do you get their newsletter?
No I don't Charlotte. I'll call or go online and sign up. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post a Comment