Monday, April 25, 2011

Eureka! Burger

We just had to try out the new burger place located in the Packing House in Village West.  A Saturday night is very busy, and we were told we would have an hour wait, but they seated us in 20 minutes.  I think what they really meant was that the food would be served to us in an hour.  The waitress came by to apologize for the slow kitchen, and she was very friendly, but the burgers took about 35 minutes to make.  I think that since they are new and just figuring things out, it will hopefully get better. 
As for the burgers, I had the Fig Marmalade Burger which had "Homemade fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, crispy bacon, garnished with minced tomato, onion and arugula dolloped in a spicy  porter mustard."  I'll have to say it was delicious.  The sweet potato fries, which were drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon, were not as flavorful as I would have liked, but they were fine.   
H thought that his Pearl Street Blues burger with melted blue cheese, mushrooms, onions and chipotle ketchup was about one of the best burgers he's ever had.

I guess that means we'll be back, but probably at a less busy time.

No comments: