Not being early adopters or the first to jump on a bandwagon, we finally went to see Wicked at the Orange County Performing Arts Center yesterday. We had heard many great things about this musical, but had never been in a place or time to get to it.
I had read the book a number of years ago and had enjoyed it, but heard that the musical deviated from Maguire's novel. Having forgotten many of the details from my reading, I can't say just what was different, except, of course, all the singing and dancing. Lots of great singing and dancing.
I won't be the first to recommend it, and maybe not the last, but we felt it was well worth our time and money. Two thumbs up. I just wish I had been able to see Kristin Chenoweth in the original version, but the performers here did a great job.

No comments:
Post a Comment