While on our Mother's Day walk, Claire and I came upon
an open house on Oxford and 10th. We decided that we really wanted to see inside, so we walked in. Not only were we struck with the beautiful, newly remodeled kitchen, the skylights everywhere, the tucked-away corners and loft, but we learned that the house had been built in 1939 for noted watercolor artist
Milford Zornes. The
New Deal mural in the Claremont P.O. was his creation. Zornes lived in this house until his death in 2008 at the age of 100.
2 comments:
Actually, Milford Zornes only lived in the house until the mid 1970s. There have been three other families since then: the Hesslinks, he Marses, and the Lincolns (curent owners). It is a wonderful house and our neighborhood hopes that another wonderful famly will fall in love with the house and move here!
Judy Wright
Thanks for the correct info, Judy. I guess the info I got on the internet was not totally clear to me. It IS a lovely and unique home!
Post a Comment