Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Plum Chutney

So, we are smack in the middle of the plum season here in Claremont.  I've given many away, eaten quite a few and plan to make some kind of plum dessert for book club this weekend.  Yesterday I tried my hand at plum chutney.  I thought it would be a little easier and less time-intensive than jam, and it was.  I used this recipe which looked like the easiest one I saw on the internet.
 Here are all the ingredients just ready to boil and thicken.
 Here are the sterilized jars ready for chutney.  I used the terribly cute 4-oz. ones.
 Here are the ingredients after 45 minutes of gentle boiling.
 This year I have a funnel which is a big improvement from last year.
 Processing.
 Finished product!  The hardest part is now when I have to wait four weeks for the flavors to blend before I can try the chutney.

No comments: