The plums have suddenly started ripening, and I hope we can keep up with them! I have eaten two this morning, standing over the sink as the juice runs down my chin. Can jam be far behind?
I am reminded of the William Carlos Williams poem, This is Just To Say which you can read here.

2 comments:
Plums are great, as are the apricots that are currently in the grocery stores. Enjoy your bounty. It never lasts as long as you would wish. I look forward to seeing your pictures when you decide to make all of that plum jelly/jam. :-)
Oh yeah! Same here... they are soooo delicious. The kids and I have been picking them from our tree as soon as we can, because if left a little too long, the birds will peck them right away. So far we've gotten at least 30-40, with about the same left on our new tree from a couple of years back.
We used to have an older plum that was here when we bought the house, but it had to be removed due to its location.
I'm just excited to see I'm not the only one enjoying them!
Post a Comment