Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cleaning Out - One a Day

This week I have been working on getting things out of my house and garage and trying to avoid the landfill.  My goal was something every day.  Repurposing requires a little more thought that just dumping, so here's what I did.
Sunday: Gave away free on craigslist the broken push mower and broken, old ladder (I think the guy wanted the scrap metal).                                                  
Monday: Sent a book to someone who requested it on paperbackswap.com AND while I was at the post office, I sent something to my sister that I have been meaning to AND gave away free on craigslist, again, old beadboard that came out of the cottage during renovation two years ago (seen behind the push mower).
Tuesday: Sold an extra office chair that was just taking up space in my closet on craigslist  - cha ching!  Put several more books on paperbackswap.com, made arrangement to have food bank volunteers come pick oranges (stay tuned).
Wednesday: Sent two books to paperbackswap.com members, found someone to take a broken pottery casserole and use it in her art studio.
Thursday: Took a box of string music and string accessories for the school program to the coordinator's house.
Friday: Took a half-trunk of stuff to Goodwill - and even though I went shopping inside, I bought nothing!
Today: Donated some books to Upland Public Library


2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I'm impressed! And, I'm inspired. My husband will not believe it! :-)

Marla said...

Since we are about ready to move, I've been cleaning out as well and have plans for a garage sale once settled in Newton. I have been gearing up to live in a little house with 5 people and have been inspired by the Tiny House movement. My kids won't like it, but toys are the first thing on the list!