For book club last night, I wanted to try something different for treats. We usually have some sweet goodies (homemade gingerbread, Some Crust cookies or pastries, homemade pumpkin pie, etc.) Since the Cheese Cave opened in Claremont I have walked by, and yesterday I finally went in and decided to order a platter of cheeses for book club.
Cheese is not the only commodity in the shop. You can try sandwiches and olives.
Also, there are ciders and other speciality alcoholic beverages.
Along with honeys and jams and pickles, etc.
Here is a party platter for 8-12. We had 7 and did not even make a dent in the selections, so I could have easily gone with the smallest platter for 4-6 people and still had leftovers. Usually the owners (two sisters and their mom - very friendly and helpful) like 24 hours notice, but they were kind to me and had it ready in 6 hours. When you order a platter, they give you samples of every cheese on the plate, and since I had no idea what to order, they just gave me samples, but I am pretty sure that I would have liked just about everything they gave me. The cheeses were all quite delicious, and I will be back!It comes all prepared on this great wooden board which I can return when I am finished - no hurry they said.





No comments:
Post a Comment