This cloudy day when I woke up with the sore throat and aches that H had last week was the perfect day to stay in bed and read. It's been awhile since I finished a book (I have a few lying around that I haven't gotten up the gumption to start), but this one appeared from my wait list for e-books at the library. A deadline is usually helpful to getting a book read.
Anyway, this is a fun mystery featuring our heroine - a plucky, chemistry-loving 11-year-old living in 1950 England. Alan Bradley published this, his first novel at the age of 70, and he started writing about Flavia de Luce when she came into another piece of writing and started taking over the plot. You can read more about that on the Amazon page's interview with the author.
There are three more Flavia de Luce mysteries, and I think there will be five altogether.

No comments:
Post a Comment