Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3rd Annual Copper Chef

When I was growing up, I knew about only two kinds of tomatoes.  One kind came from the store,  the other from the garden.  Last night at the HMC dining hall, four dorms (of 8) participated in the second round of the 3rd annual Copper Chef Competition where the secret ingredient was tomatoes.
Last year in the second round, the secret ingredient was pomegranates and you can see a video of the event here.


Here are the four appetizer entries.

 Here are the students hard at work.


 Here is the table with a variety of ingredients in the center from which to choose.

 The judges must not only rank the food on various qualities, but they must be able to add up their scores.  Good thing everyone has a smart phone with calculator these days.

Here are the main course entries.

 The winner of this round was South Dorm.  Here are the five judges and all the students who participated.  I'll have to say that this was nothing like what would have happened when I was in college during the Stone Age!


3 comments:

Bec said...

Makes me wish I was back in college . . . how fun!

hmcinorganic said...

It looks like chemistry is overrepresented in the judging. But it is the central science...

Charlotte said...

If Chemistry is Life, then Chemistry is Food...