If you live in Claremont, you have probably at least heard of the Petterson Museum at Pilgrim Place. I had, but in 26 years, I had never been. What drew me over there yesterday was an announcement that anyone could come and make origami. Being inept in origami, I thought it would be helpful to have someone show me the secrets. When I got there, though, I was more intrigued with going into the little jewel of a museum. Currently the exhibit consists of Japanese artifacts from kimonos and musical instruments to art. There also appears to be a library of all kinds of books pertaining to arts of the world. Teachers will be interested to know that the museum loans out Education Boxes with various kinds of artifacts and lesson plans about different parts of the world.
![]() |
| Origami under the tree |

1 comment:
How are your new origami skills? I think I'm origami-challenged, but I do love watching skilled artisans create amazing "sculptures."
Post a Comment