Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Further Adventures of the Little Free Libraries

My friend Judy and her blog have kept me apprised of the newest additions to Claremont's Little Free Libraries which seem to be popping up in various locales throughout town. When last I blogged about these little gems, I knew of two - the first one I saw on the corner of Cambridge and 9th St., the one near The Press.  The Claremont Courier also mentioned the one in front of the new Crepe restaurant in the Packing House (where we have not yet had a chance to eat, despite our one attempt).

Then I heard about one in front of my friend Marjorie's house on N. Mills. It's on the east side just north of Foothill.  This morning I drove by and took a picture of the box as well as the contents. 


Judy's blog post yesterday altered me to yet another Little Free Library, this one in the 400 block of W. Harrison on the north side of the street. In its previous life, this repository was a small refrigerator. I not only snapped photos of the contents and the outside of this library, but I also deposited my copy of Amy Tan's One Hundred Secret Senses and took out a John Irving novel, The Fourth Hand.



1 comment:

Rosemary said...

These are fascinating! Thanks for keeping us updated on the growing "collection."