- I have made one big trip to Goodwill to donate this month, and I have another load on the back porch that will be ready to go in a week or two.
- It's helpful to do one item a day; that means that the task does not seem unsurmountable. However, it does drive home the point that the task is unending.
- The older I get, the easier it becomes to let go of some items.
- I have so much stuff.
- Some days it's easy to find a whole group of items to eliminate. Some days it is hard to think of one item.
- Blogging about this has kept me honest for a whole month. (Some days I sort of cheat when I do find 2-3 items at once and then spread them out for 2-3 days. I still feel that adheres to the "spirit of the law.")
- I think I do not need to publicly announce all my items anymore, but I plan to keep a list for myself to maintain this practice. I will probably continue this for more than a year.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Thoughts On Clutter
So, I have been blogging about getting rid of clutter for a month now, and here are a few observations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment