Yesterday was the first day of the school year for music classes at Vista. As much as I love the slow pace of summer vacation, I am happy to be back at work. I find that I do so much better with my time when I have some structure. I usually think that I am going to get so much done during the summer, and while I get to about half of my list, it's never the amount I think I'm going to do.
Not only that, I truly enjoy spending time and playing music with my students. I used some of my favorite old lessons and added a few new ones which keeps me fresh. Also, at the start of the year, the students are more receptive to learning. They aren't tired of school yet, and their new teachers, new classmates are still exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment