Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Neighborhood Excitement

A little bit ago, Hal called me to come look at a hawk that was on a car on our street. It was obviously hurt or sick since it didn't fly away, even though several of the neighbors stood around and talked about what to do. Mikal called several friends and one came by and said she'd take it to the vet that helps such cases. Mikal got a blanket, and I got a box to donate to the cause, and now the neighborhood drama is over.

This morning I met with my school principal to talk about my working at Vista next year. He has found some money to pay me to be the music teacher for about 7-8 hours/week, but first I had to officially resign as librarian. I wrote the letter and filled out the paperwork which I'll turn in tomorrow. I am excited that they want me for afternoons which will free up my mornings for exercising and composing music!

Next week I meet with the district people to plan the strings, and perhaps recorder, program for next year. All music, all the time!

No comments: