Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why I Go to Church

Yes, I do go to church for some of the traditional reasons: a quiet time to reflect, to be part of a community by participating together in worship, to sing and to listen to music. But really, there are other reasons to go, too. For example, to hear the 3-year-old in the pew in front of us sing his little heart out during the hymns while looking at the music, but having NO clue as to how the song should go. I loved his sincerity and diligence, and apparently so did the people around him, as evidenced by the chuckles and smiles.

Even in the summer there are reasons to go to church. It's where you find out the news first hand. Usually in the announcements there is an item of note (for example: a wonderful older woman stood up and told us what type of items to bring to the church basement for the annual rummage sale by showing us what was in her bag). But today, at the end of the service we heard the news that someone is pregnant....!

No comments: