Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Adventures in Medicine

Though we had a good time at Saddlerock this weekend, I wasn't feeling up to snuff. On Friday night my heart started racing and stayed at a high level for 2-3 hours. I thought I might be having a panic attack, even though I was under no stress whatsoever. All weekend I felt a little weird with some trouble getting a breath, and discomfort in my chest. Monday I started feeling worse and went to the doctor who did an ekg and found nothing wrong there and gave me a referral to a cardiologist. I cancelled my string classes and stayed on the couch most of the day. As evening rolled around, I felt that it became harder and harder to catch my breath, so I called Hal who took me to the ER.

We spent 4 1/2 hours there with each staff member (about 10-12) apologizing for how busy it was and how long each wait was. Another ekg, blood work and a chest x-ray. The upshot was that they found nothing wrong with me at all. Our best guess is that I am running through a virus.

This morning I woke up being able to breathe much better, like normal, but feeling wiped out, so I cancelled all classes today and am going to rest, rest, rest. Tomorrow is a holiday at school, so I am going to be good to go by Thursday, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hope you get some great rest. I'm envious that you're under no stress whatsoever (at least until this happened). Take care.

Maria said...

Scary! I know some one who just went through a similar experience. With no other explanation you've got to blame it on a virus!