Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feast or Famine?

I'm spending a few days in Fort Collins, CO visiting my family during spring break. Today's activities revolved around food. My mom and sister and I drove to Boulder for lunch at the Dushanbe Tea House where we met two friends for great food and conversation.
I had the Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash, but then split it with Erika's Spicy Indonesian Peanut Noodle. Both were excellent.
For dinner we went to the First Presbyterian Church for an experience post-Lenten focus on hunger. We were each given a packet of Monopoly money and a menu. I ended up with a packet of $100 which was enough for me to eat about 2 1/2 meals, while others at the table had other amounts. We decided to share the wealth, and we all had plenty to eat. I bought the clean water, but we were given the choice of "river water" for free.

No comments: