Who needs a good excuse to have lunch with a friend and then take in a concert on a Friday afternoon? Of course I don't need an excuse, but if I did, it would be that 1) I need to eat lunch 2) the concert was free and 3) it's Friday, of course.It used to be that college cafeteria food was something to be avoided, but that has all changed. My friend and I went to Malott Commons Dining Hall at Scripps College about 11:30, just before the lunch rush and enjoyed a tasty salad bar, chicken tostada and dessert (well, two desserts for me!).
Adjacent to the dining hall is Balch Auditorium, an intimate setting for a Friday noon-ish (12:15) concert. We were treated to music by Pomona College composer (and orchestra director) Eric Lindholm. I especially enjoyed the Aria and Pastorale for solo viola, performed by Lindholm's wife - Kira Blumberg.
1 comment:
I love Ms. Blumberg's spare time fun--picking up toys and food left underfoot by little children.
Post a Comment