Ever since I heard this story on NPR last June, I have been wanting a sea salt latte from the 85C Bakery in Irvine. We took advantage of the trip to Costa Mesa to drop by this Taiwanese Bakery.
The line was pretty long - it took about 30 minutes just to get in the door. We were some of the few white people in line. I chatted up the couple in front of us to find out just what one does once inside, and what was good. They said that everything was good, and that you take a tray and fill it with pastries and when you are done, you get in line, and they take your tray and put each pastry into an individual bag.When you pay for your pastries, you can add drinks to your order. The sea salt lattes only come on ice, so we ordered two. If you only want coffee, you can stand in the much shorter line that is hidden. I guess you don't come here for just coffee.
We were only going to get two pastries, but after standing in line so long, we thought that 8 might be better. We ate two mini apple pies right then and saved the others for later.




2 comments:
Looks good! Was it worth the long wait?
Yes! It was great, and we'll go back sometime.
Post a Comment