When should one buy plane tickets? It always seems to be a gamble. You look at a particular flight while you make up your mind, and when you decide to purchase, the cost has magically increased.
I've heard that the best days to buy are Tuesdays-Thursdays, and the cheapest days to fly are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
This past week we've gotten the date to be in Dallas for a wedding, and on Monday when we looked at the flight that best fit our schedule, the price was, indeed, higher. So I decided to look at bing.com/travel which has this feature that tells you whether the prices are likely to increase or decrease in the near future, and the engines told me to wait. I kept checking back, and on Thursday the flights in in our sights were $100 less each person, so I saved $200 by having a little patience. It also said that there was a 66% chance that tickets would continue to decrease, but I was happy to have already saved. I guess I'm not a big gambler.

1 comment:
Thanks for this "head's up" information. It is most helpful!
Post a Comment