Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Year

I love a fresh start, and I am so glad that there are several opportunities each year to have a New Year.  (I usually like to restart the calendar New Year on Chinese - or Lunar - New Year, too.)  Today's the day with the first day of the new school year in Claremont for both the CUSD as well as the Claremont Colleges.  The cars were lined up outside our local school this morning, bells were ringing, college parking has spilled over into the residential areas (one thing I actually don't like about school) and it is hot out.

For the many years that my children went to CUSD schools, we always started after Labor Day, but last year and this, we have started the last day or two of August, bringing joy to many parents, I'm sure.  The other new part of our calendar this year includes the entire week of Thanksgiving off instead of only Thursday and Friday, and I think that we will all enjoy that week off, too.

No comments: