Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cable Airport Breakfast

When my daughters were toddlers, we thought about taking them out for breakfast at Maniac Mike's, the little restaurant at Cable Airport in Upland.  I'd heard that it was a great place for eggs and watching the little planes take off and land.  Fast forward, and now that my daughters are grown-up, we finally made it to the airport for breakfast!  
Here is my food - two eggs over medium with bacon, hash browns, and biscuit with gravy.

 H had "The Trainee" which is diced ham in scrambled eggs with biscuit and gravy.
 After breakfast we went outside to watch the planes.  I got a little crooked with this one, but I like the second picture where the pilot is looking towards me out his little window.

 This is a little ultralight-type plane that landed.
 This little airport reminds me very much of the Airport-in-the-Sky on Catalina Island.


No comments: