Saturday, October 22, 2011

Not About Village Venture

Every October downtown Claremont holds a street fair with booths for vendors of arts and crafts as well as organizations.  Children parade through the fair in their Halloween costumes (thus ensuring that they will be ready by the 31st).  People stand in long lines at their favorite food stands.  Music groups are scattered throughout the festivities.  Today was Village Venture.  This post is not about my experiences at this Claremont tradition.

For the past several years (or more, I can hardly remember), I have had a music educators workshop in Redlands on Village Venture day.  Here is the Facebook page for the Inland Counties Chapter of the American Orff Schulwerk Association where I will occasionally post photos and announcements about our workshops.  Today we did quite a few play-party games, dances with accompanying music on the xylophones, metallophones and glockenspiels.

No comments: