Mauna Kea Beach on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Yup, that's where H and I spent Christmas morning! A few months ago we knew we'd have our family Christmas at Thanksgiving, so we made plans to spend a week in Hawai'i over break.
![]() |
| This is the view we had while chatting with our families in Iowa, Texas, Colorado and California on Christmas morning. |
We landed in Hilo (the wet, east side) in order to pick up our VW Vanagon from Happy Campers Hawai'i. For the next seven days we drove most of the perimeter, stopping at various campgrounds, seeing volcanoes, exotic beaches, wildlife, cultural history, and trying out as many different kinds of food as we could find.
Now, back home, the task is to go through over 600 photos. Some I'll post, some I'll put in this blog, some I'll try to remember just where we were when I snapped the shutter. After all, there are many, many beaches in Hawai'i.

1 comment:
What an awesome beach! I'm going to have to get more info out of you. I've arranged to take the kids to Kahaluu Beach (VRBO Kahaluu Beach Villas)over spring break. I was planning on spending a lot of time snorkeling and surfing. Also one side trip to visit Volcanoes National Park/ Kilauea Iki Trail. Is there another side trip I should consider?
Can't wait to see all your photos!
Monica
Post a Comment