 |
| Hot and Sour Soup |
One of my students told me about one of her favorite restaurants, FuLin, in Montclair. When she said Chinese/Korean fusion, I wanted to go. She told me the names of some of her favorites, none of which I remembered since my Korean is very, very rusty (i.e. nonexistent). In preparation for our visit, I yelped
the place and found the names of some of the black bean curd stuff that I think my student had mentioned: cha-jang myun (black bean paste & vegetable noodles), tangsuyuk (sweet & sour beef or pork) and jampong.
I had always noticed this restaurant when driving down Central south of the 10 Freeway, so now it was time to check it out. We got our menus and looked through them carefully, but we found nothing that looked like the recommendations, and since I had not bothered to write down the particular food, we went with what we thought might be close. I don't think we were close, but this is what we had. Hot and Sour Soup (very spicy and quite tasty). I don't even remember the name of the two vegetarian dishes we ended up with - but they were both full of tofu.


I will need to ask my student, once again, to tell me more about this place before we go back since it seemed like all the food on the menu was traditional Chinese without any Korean or fusion dishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment