Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

We had a pretty quiet New Year's Eve.  The only really exciting thing that we did was go see the Viselli House on Whittier which has an over-the-top light display.  I had never heard of this house, but apparently it has been an item in Claremont for more than a few years.  It would appear that there were issues with the neighbors, according to this city council report from 2007. I do not know the outcome of the neighbors' complaints, but the lights still exist this year.  The lights are synchronized to music, and there is a short youtube video depicting the scope of the lights.

Other items from the weekend included finishing my 52nd book of the year (averaging one a week).  This one was particularly short - Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville.  It is the first book I have read on my hand-me-down iPod touch.  We will be discussing it in book club later this month.

Tonight we celebrated the new year and Lynn and Bill's house with many friends by munching on finger food and playing games.

Bring on 2012!

No comments: