Friday, March 30, 2012

Banks of Fog

We always start our day with some NPR (KVCR to be precise) including the weather report for the Inland Empire.  This morning we were warned to be on the lookout for banks of fog.  I thought about that phrase, and it occurred to me that it would be fun to write a poem that had the phrase "beware the banks of fog, my son" (with apologies to Lewis Carroll).  However, the day got away from me with this and that and a bunch of time spent with friends playing music (string trio and recorder group), so a poem never materialized.
But, I DID take a few photos this morning before I went to the gym (and before the fog dissipated), and I DID think about my favorite fog poem by Carl Sandburg. Here's a fun little youtube video of a fast-moving fog bank....


No comments: