One of the parts of the energy retrofit of our house required making the air intake larger. We chose to do that in a place under our stairs where we store cleaning supplies. Because of its awkward location, we rarely look back there, and we usually just grab a rag or the Windex or a new vacuum bag.
So that the guys could work back there uninhibited, we removed all the stuff and were amazed (we probably shouldn't have been) at the amount of stuff back there (insecticide we almost never use), several bottles of glass cleaner, things to clean stuff I don't think I've ever used. From the days when we used to have carpet in most rooms, we have nearly two gallons of carpet shampoo. After posting on Facebook about this, I have a taker for the shampoo, and the rest of the stuff will have to wait for a hazardous waste round-up.
If we haven't used it in the past, um, 5-10 years, will we really need it?
1 comment:
Will you ever need any of those products? Not until you dispose of them! Then, one or two will be THE things that you need for particular problems. :-) AND, they'll cost more now. I think I've learned that several times in "Life 101."
Post a Comment