It had been awhile since we had wandered Olvera Street, so it was time to go back, especially since we landed on its doorstep just out of Union Station. We noticed a sign for a free tour on the hour next door to the fire station (first fire station in Los Angeles), so we took that tour and saw new things. New to us.
You can take a walk into the firehouse - it's free.
The Avila Adobe is also free.
This is the Sepulveda House.
This statue of Antonio Aguilar is fairly new to the area. He was a singer/actor from Mexico who came to Hollywood.
I'd never really looked at this mural which depicts scenes from the Mexican War of Independence (not to be confused with Cinco de Mayo).
The Biscailuz Building features a large mural by Leo Politi (children's book author/illustrator) that I had never seen before about the blessing of the animals.







1 comment:
Fun pictures! You're inspiring me - all summer I wanted to take my girls on the train to LA and kept putting it off. Maybe next week!
Post a Comment